We are going to teach you all the mechanics regarding cash flow and cash within How to Make Money Guide for Anno 1800 so that way we can keep your bank account full in your city thriving.
- Surface Pro X for Business - Matte Black, Microsoft SQ® 1, 8GB, 128GB
- Surface Go 2 for Business - Wi-Fi, Intel Pentium 4425Y, 4GB, 64GB
- Surface Pro 7+ for Business - Platinum, Intel Core i5, 8GB, 256GB, LTE
- Surface Pro (5th Gen) for Business with LTE Advanced i5 8GB 256GB
- Surface Pro 7+ for Business - Platinum, Intel Core i7, 16GB, 1TB, WiFi
Needs and Happiness
- The topics included in this money guide are population needs and happiness and the math behind it that results in your income.
- Trading from your warehouse your surplus goods for extra cash and how to do that using propaganda to boost your economy creating and selling ships for a massive profit Buying and Selling shares from other players and buying out an island to wipe them out.
- So, the first thing we need to do is go over what information is available to you and where to find it in regards to money. Most of the critical information you’re going to need is found up in the top left of your screen.
The Total Balance of Cash
- Starting from left to right you have the dollar sign and the numbers next to it which is your total balance of cash available to you to spend at that very moment.
- Next to that are 3 bars that look like a cell phone signal and then either a negative or positive number and this denotes whether you are making money or losing money.
- If it’s negative and red that means you are currently losing money and if it’s positive you are making money.
- Then to the right of that is three little stick figures with a number next to that and that is your total population and that is also critical to money because the more population Hat you have the more money you can make.
- So, let’s go ahead and break these down into more detail. So, if we hover over these icons in the top left, we get even more detailed information which is critical to understanding how money works in Anno 1800 for instance when we hover over the balance icon.
Generating Income or Cash
- We get a breakdown of everything that is generating income or cash and then everything we are spending our money on and this is what the result is whether it’s a positive or negative number.
- And yes, you want it to be positive and you want that number to be as significant as possible because that means you’re making money fast.
- So, we’re going to break down precisely what generates money and how that works as well as what costs you money that you may not be expecting or aware of and how we could take advantage of both those things to maximize our profits.
- Generating cash is very limited when you first start at Anno 1800 the only way, you’re going to get your city going is by having population and then getting the tax income from them.
So, let’s break down the math behind this, and how it works so you only can put down Farm Houses at the beginning one Farm House can hold up to ten population.
- But when you put it down it will only have one person in it and this information can be found when you click on a single house and in the bottom right you can see the Population Sign above the circle.
- This is how we can see the Population for each particular house then underneath that circle is a list of all the needs. Whether they’re met if it’s completed then it will turn green if it’s blue or grey then that means we either don’t have access to it or we’re not supplying enough to that particular house so that needs to be addressed.
- Then underneath that is more critical information the Dollar Sign will show how much income this one house is generating for us and then to the right of that is the number of workforce or workers that this house is providing.
- So, as we can see when we build one house even with the Population of three because it’s next to a marketplace it is still not generating any cash for us so we’re losing money by just having one house.
- So, the way to fix that is to build more houses so we can unlock the rest of these needs didn’t meet these needs and fill up the places and then they will start generating an income and if we do that at a large enough scale then our balance will turn positive because we are increasing our profits.
Build Factories and Houses
- Anno 1800 How to Make Money you must spin money so you have to build factories to produce the needs that your population needs.
- So, the biggest tip that I can give you guys for keeping your cash balance positive is only building things when you need them and don’t pre-build because that can really turn your cash flow negative and then you’re going to head towards bankruptcy.
- So only when your population says hey, we don’t have enough fish or hey we don’t have enough work clothes then consider building a building or placing a structure to address that issue because it’s going to cost you money to do that.
- So, as you can see here once you meet all of the needs for one particular house your population will reach ten which is a farmhouse Max.
- And this will generate you a total of five cash and ten workforces so that means if you build a row of 20 houses that will create 100 money for you.
- So now you probably think wow that’s not that much money for one farmhouse, and you’re right but there’s a way to double that from five to ten and that is through happiness.
Pay More Taxes
- If we meet all the requirements to keep the Farmers in each Farm House happy then they will Pay More Taxes and so that will double your income.
- So, we go from making 100 for Twenty Houses to 200 for Twenty Homes which are ten per house and this is done by meeting all of the needs and all the happiness for each place.
- Now I don’t want to go into too much detail on the number of factories per Population we may do a guide on that later but all I want to reiterate is that only build when you realize you need it does not pre-build and you should be safe.
- You have plenty of time to put something down and meet the needs before anything crazy happens.
- So, whenever you notice that hey this bar isn’t green, we’re not meeting this need then put a fat one factory down to meet that need and then see how it affects the Population and their happiness and then if it’s not enough then you can put another one down.
- So now that you understand the math behind a Farm House let’s go ahead and fast-forward time here. You can see me building my city in my population in small increments building blocks of houses and ensuring that I’m meeting their needs to maximize my income.
- But then something particularly interesting happens you would think okay I can spam farmhouses and make crap tons of money and then Upgrade them Still there’s a Mechanic in the game that isn’t very detailed that prevents you from doing this.
- And this mechanic is the Royal Tax Mechanic there’s not much information available Ubisoft has responded to a Reddit post confirming that this Mechanic does prevent you from just spamming a particular tier in Hans’s you or entices you I should say to upgrade to the second tier or the next tier.
But as you can see here once your Population for Farmers Reaches Around the 1000 to 1100 mark we’re hit with royal taxes and it’s hitting us – 11 cash.
- Now as we Build more Farm Houses this number will increase the games saying you’re making too many Farm Houses you need to upgrade or we’re going to tax you and so this is going to cut into our income.
- And this is applied to every tier within the game tier one through level five your workers your artisans all of them if you build too many of them you will get Royal Taxes.
- Now I’m not saying that you should avoid Royal Taxes but you need to understand why that is there what’s causing it so that way if it’s overeating into your income then you know to upgrade your buildings
- So, in this example provided with about 1100 Farmers and just enough Factories to meet their needs we are generating 560 profit but we are also getting hit with minus 23 in Royal Taxes.
- So, let’s go ahead and upgrade to tier 2 where we Unlock Workers and see how this will attribute to our cash flow and how we can use this to generate even more cash.
- So, when we upgrade a Farm House to a working house it increases the Population cap for that single unit to 20 so that means your Population will double once you max it out.
- But again, to max it out you need to meet all of the needs and then that is only half the income you can generate because then you need to meet all of their happiness to get max income for that particular house.
- So, the next possible way for you to Make Money after you get started is probably going to happen through trade and this can generate a pretty good amount of cash for you as well.
- Understanding how trade works in this game and how it generates income is also very important and can be an excellent source of income for you especially in the early to mid-game to generate money in trade it can be done in a few ways.
- The first way is by just setting goods in your Warehouse that you have a surplus of to sell and shifts that you have trade rights with or I should say other AI or Players that you have trade rights with we’ll come by and buy those Goods when they need them.
- And this is probably the easiest and most straightforward way to do it but maybe not the most efficient and fastest so as we can see here, we have Lumber and Coal Set to Sell now when you click your Warehouse you can click on a good and select it to market. You can set the amount that you want to keep and then they will sell the rest.
- Now, this doesn’t happen automatically the way it works is once you set the sell order then any player that you have trade rights with will send a ship over when they need or when they’re on their way and then they will buy the goods from you and then that is how you make income.
- So, it doesn’t happen automatically but this is probably the cheapest way to do it because it doesn’t cost you any ships so at the beginning you probably don’t have trade rights with anybody but that’s okay.
- Depending on your settings if you do regular or advanced there’s one super friendly AI and he’s usually on the edge of the map and if you send one of your ships to kind of scout around, you’ll eventually run into him. It would help if you started with trade rights with him automatically.
- It’s essential to discovery him because then he can start sending his ships to your warehouse and buying your goods at a very early part in the game which could add a lot of income and help you grow faster.
- Then of course you can get trade rights traditionally through diplomacy with other players but that takes a little bit more effort through doing quests and all that.
- So, another way you can make income or cash through trading is by manually set in your trade routes.
- Now you’re probably wondering well how do I know how much money I’m making from these trades when an AI comes and picks up my Lumber.
Well, we can see this through the Trade History menu if you click your Harbor in the top right there’s a little clock symbol if you click that that will bring up this menu where you can see all your previous transactions. What was sold or bought and what the outcome was in terms of cash whether you made money or lost money of course if you’re only selling things then you’re going to make money and then if you’re also curious what each particular item would be going for.
If you go back to the Trade Harbor screen and hover over an item down at the bottom, I’ll tell you how much it goes for per item and so this will give you a good indication of a thing’s worth.
- One of my favourite ways to make a lot of money and Anno 1800 is by selling ships and it’s pretty easy to do so once your city set up to manufacture ships.
- Once they’re created you can send them to a Harbour of a friendly player and once, they’re sitting in their Harbour if you click on the ship and go to the top right there’s a dollar sign you click that and then that is how you can sell the ship.
- You can sell frigates for fifty thousand in cash so that is a massive boost to your economy if you’re able to produce ships and sell them to the AI.
Shares or Dividends
Another excellent source of income is through Shares or Dividends and this is a pretty cool feature. Hence, If you go to any players Island once you’ve discovered it obviously at the top there’s a little circle that is divided up into 5 sections.
- It looks like a pie and it’s the colour of whatever their colour is when you click that it opens up the share menu each one of these sections is a share. Hence, everybody has five shares and the value of that is based on the economy of that particular Island not the entire Empire.
- So, every Island has its Shares and each one will give you a dividend, and so this can add up now they can be pretty expensive but getting plus 800 or plus 600 or if you have a whole bunch like plus 3,000 to your economy is a considerable boost.
- So, this is something that once you’re generating a little bit of cash you want to look into but keep in mind it does make the players angry so if you’re trying to stay peaceful with someone you do want to be wary of buying their shares.
- But it’s an excellent way to make money and then the fun fact is once you buy all five of a share or all five shares of one Island then you can buy out the entire Island, and it’s super expensive depending on the progression of the player.
- But if you do this it will wipe them off and this is a way to beat enemies without going to war with them so you can win the game through the economy which makes this guy even more useful.
- Now there are tons of other ways you can make money in this game, but these are the main ones. Then the last one I want to leave you with isn’t something that I would rely on but it’s important to know because it can be a good source of income and at its a massive boost to your economy especially in wartime and that is through Propaganda.
- So, you probably noticed whenever the guy comes up with the Newspaper you can edit the News articles consumerism is an attribute that you can change the article to and this will give you increases in income as you progress through the tears and gain more influence the percentage that you can edit the article to is higher.
- So, you have 5% at the beginning but in the mid-game you have plus 15% so as you can see here when I do a 15% article, I’m getting a plus 4500 Consumption Tax because of these articles so I’m getting a massive boost to my economy I mean plus 4500 just from my Propaganda.
All in all if you follow these tips only build factories that you need to keep your Populations happiness and meet their needs then you’re maximizing your efficiency and your profits. You shouldn’t have any problem staying above water and that concludes the Money Guide for Anno 1800.